Syntech is a fast-growing technology distributor, and our goal is to improve lives through the innovative technology we bring to the market – from cutting edge Smart Home Technology, to the latest innovative gaming gear and commercial electronics. We maintain a challenging work environment with a corresponding respect for work/life balance.
We are looking for a creative graphic designer to join our marketing team. The candidate must have the ability to formulate visual solutions through the usage of their creative skills. This includes absorbing visual trends and deploying them in fresh and exciting ways. In addition, this position will require you to have consistent awareness and input in terms of the overall design direction of marketing and promotional strategies.
You’ll work in a team environment with a group of talented individuals where you will help to develop design layouts, develop and maintain WordPress websites, design emailers, choose colour palettes, as well as create logos and official branding collateral following corporate brand identities. You’ll also have a hand in designing “offline” collateral as well – brochures, business cards, posters, packaging, et cetera. Communication is an important part of the job, as designers work with both management and clients to formulate campaigns that meet specific objectives. A degree in a graphic design-related field is essential, and proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and WordPress is required.
- Degree in a graphic design-related field
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver and Illustrator
- Proficient with WordPress
- Ability to code in HTML/PHP is an advantage
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A full and fluent knowledge of current design tools and software
- Confidence to be bold with their work
- Industry experience in the design field
- The ability to meet deadlines
- A background of working well as part of a design team
- The ability to think creatively and deliver impressive concepts
- Assist with design direction and creative input for all marketing projects
- Ensure Syntech design standards remain fresh and in-line with industry trends
- Design HTML emailers and promos as per provided schedule
- Create marketing resources for clients out of completed projects
- Keep SharePoint/Marketing resources up-to-date
- WordPress website design and routine maintenance
- Conceptualise and create print-ready artwork for marketing activities and campaigns. This includes brochures, posters, banners, advertisements, packaging, company apparel, and branding
- Design and update company brand guidelines and corporate identity
- Assist with internal marketing requests like cleaning up images, resizing banners, et cetera