Syntech is a fast-growing technology distributor, and our goal is to improve lives through the innovative technology we bring to the market – from cutting edge Smart Home Technology, to the latest innovative gaming gear and commercial electronics. We maintain a challenging work environment with a corresponding respect for work/life balance.
We are looking for a junior Marketing Administrator to join our marketing team. This is a entry-level permanent position, where you’ll be exposed to a broad range of roles and responsibilities. The successful applicant will be trained and mentored within the marketing department, and afforded additional opportunities to develop professionally.
You’ll work in a team environment with a group of talented individuals where you will help to develop engaging content, update product listings on the Syntech website, engage with communities on social media, and perform a variety of administrative duties within the department. The successful applicant must be passionate about our product range, be social media savvy, have basic WordPress experience, and be comfortable with producing content. You will also be trained to perform additional duties within the team, across multiple disciplines and platforms.
- Practical experience with MS Office, Excel, and WordPress
- Good understanding of social media
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Attention to detail
- Good time-management skills and ability to work under pressure
- Completion of a college diploma or degree in a field related to journalism or marketing, or relevant field
- Basic experience with Photoshop and Illustrator will be beneficial
- Assist with creating/publishing engaging content for Syntech products
- Updating imagery/graphics as needed
- Updating WordPress sites as needed
- Update website content across all the all the Syntech and Syntech brand platforms
- Website online product orders administration
- Social media management (across all platforms) and post creation
- Community development: Engagement with social media communities (likes, shares, comments), tracking activity
- Community management: effective responses and engagement with online community, proactive in building a trusting community
- Daily administrative tasks (report collation, barcode printing, et cetera)
- Assisting with preparation and assembly and shipping of marketing/sales materials
- Maintaining a stock of swag (shipping, ordering and inventory control)
- Manage and maintain Excel spreadsheets